The shopping alone is worth the cost of the tour! We are planning many opportunities for shopping or window-shopping.
Our plans are expected to include:
- Chandni Chowk – one of the oldest and busiest markets old Delhi. Spices, silver, parantha-breads and an unbelievable array of so many more items!
- The trendy galleries and boutiques of Hauz Khas
- The traditional marketplace of Lajpat Nagar, with hundreds of vendors in stalls and more traditional stores
- Bazaars and markets in Jaipur, known for specialty items such as gemstones, silver, and curious items
- Opportunities to buy silk and wool scarves and shawls, carpets and rugs, clothing, housewares, etc.
- Dilli Haat – showcasing items made from all around India. Vendors set up their own wares here.
- Beautiful fabrics, bangles, jewelry, wooden handicrafts, sculptures, artwork, and so much more!
- We will have an opportunity early in the tour to buy traditional Indian clothing for ourselves.
You may find it to be very comfortable, and a preferred way to travel.
For your further reading, see below links to Wikipedia*:
* Thank you Wikipedia! Yes, we donate to your efforts!